The world around is ‘sheltering in place’. As a small business, we have come to know 1000s in the community. We know many of your names, your favorite drink, food, and in some cases even your favorite gift.
It has come to our attention that the social isolation is having a tremendous impact on our neighbors and especially those who live alone.
So, we have an idea…let’s go old school and write our neighbors hand written notes! Let’s connect with neighbors on our street, those who are on the front lines and even those we don’t know. Here’s the plan:
- Are you willing to write a few cards to your neighbors?
- Stop by mission blue and buy a card(s) or pick up free cards available for this initiative.
- How many should I write? Write 1, 10 or as many as you like.
- Don’t know what to write? See the ideas below.
- Don’t want to hand out cards yourself? That’s ok, drop them off at Mission Blue and we will hand them out on your behalf (Template 3 Only).
- Don’t want to write a card but want to hand a few out? No problem, stop by mission blue and pick up a hand written card and let a stranger know your their neighbor and see them.
Whether we hand out 10 or 1000 we believe that our neighbors need to know that we see them, we are near and most importantly we will get through this together.
Template 1: Personal Friend
Wow, what a crazy time! I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you. I’m so thankful to have you in my life, and now more than ever I don’t want to take that for granted! If you need anything please let me know, I’m only a phone call/text away. We’re in this together!
Template 2: Neighbor
My name is (blank) and I live on (blank) street. I know this is a difficult time for all of us, so I wanted to reach out with my info in case I can serve you and your family in any way. If you need anything please let me know. We are all in this together! I feel so grateful to live in such a wonderful neighborhood with so many amazing people.
My phone number: (xxx) xxx-xxxx
Template 3: Stranger
What a time to be alive! I most likely don’t know you, but I want you to know that I am thinking about you and wishing the best for you. This is the time for strangers to become friends, and for people to support and encourage each other. I am thankful you are in my community, and together we will get through this!